Support Has Moved!

Please post all new questions on the new support system

Before posting a discussion topic, be sure to check out our Forum Rules and Support Policy.

Get design feedback and approval with our newest WordPress plugin, ProjectHuddle. Check it out →

Latest Struck Version is 1.06

Latest GridStack Version is 1.1

Latest Edition Version is 1.6

Latest District Version is 1.2.6

Latest ExtraNews Version is 1.4.9

Latest Aware Version is 1.4

Latest BigFormat Version is 1.4

Latest Bookcase Version is 1.54

Latest Ellipsis Version is 1.5

Just updated to latest Edition Theme and now site shows 500 Server Error.

dennisbranchjr

05 Dec, 2015 07:58 PM

All was well within my site - and my host (Blue Host) confirmed it's not on their side - but seconds after going to 1.6.7 (I think is what it was) the website crashed and is not loading. Not sure if a plugin is causing conflict or not, but I can't even access the admin panel anymore. All my other hosted websites on Blue Host are working fine - including Admin Panel.

The website in question is http://www.thegossify.com. Please advise. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andre Gagnon on 05 Dec, 2015 11:29 PM

Hi Dennis,

A 500 server error can be caused by a few things. First can you check to make sure your .htaccess file isn't corrupt? You can do so by renaming your main .htaccess file to something like .htaccess_old. To rename the .htaccess file, you will need to login to your site using the FTP. Once you are in, the .htaccess file will be located in the same directory where you will see folders like wp-content, wp-admin, and wp-includes.

If that doesn't work, it might be your php memory limit. You can increase that by following the instructions here:

http://support.themewich.com/kb/troubleshooting/increasing-the-word...

Lastly, try deactivating all plugins. If you can't get to the admin, you will need to either use FTP, or your host’s file manager. Navigate to the /wp-content/ folder. You will see a folder called plugins. Rename the plugins folder to anything that you like. For example, you can call it “plugins.deactivate”. Once you do this, all of your plugins will be deactivated.

Let me know if none of the above solves the issue for you.

Andre

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Dec, 2015 11:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac